Rollercoaster Mum: Nov 14th - #NaBloPoMo - Post 14 - Ten Questions...

ShareThis

Monday 14 November 2011

Nov 14th - #NaBloPoMo - Post 14 - Ten Questions...

Ooh at last I've been tagged in this 10 questions thing - started by Super Amazing Mum (after dropping some hints!!)  by the lovely Ginny at  Close to the Green. I wanted to be tagged in this as soon as I saw it as I thought I would be running out of things to say blogging everyday for NaBloPoMo but turns out I'm not. Think I may have too much to say! I am however running out of time everyday so I'll be kind of glad when it's over and I can get my life back and start preparing for Christmas! Right enough of that on to the questions:

1. Describe yourself in 7 words

 unemployed mum, wife chickenkeeper and cleaning fairy


2. What keeps you awake at night?

Thinking of the zillion and one things I need to to be doing - blogging (ideas for blogs), cleaning, what I need t prepare for school, must sort out that pile of paper, need to sort out that cupboard, need to do the ironing, need to clean out the chickens  - the list is never ending - you get the picture!

3. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why?

mmmm - I think it has to be Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall (or a female version of). I just want his life really - River Cottage is just gorgeous and I would love to live in Dorset and be able to keep pigs, cows, chickens etc and have a huge area of land to grow all sorts of great produce. Oh and if I could cook as well as him that would be good too!

4. What are you wearing right now?

For a change I am not blogging in my pj's so it is a denim skirt and purple boots from Boden with my new snuggly grey jumper from Monsoon :) (I know, I know middle aged and middle class - well that's what I am so I don't care!)

5. What scares you?

Things flying around in small spaces like bats in the bedroom. That something awful might happen to my children/husband one day (like car accidents and stuff) - I try not to think about this one (especially at night!!)

6. What is the best and worst thing about blogging?

Best: discovering all the lovely people out there and finding out that you are not alone in whatever you might be thinking and reading all the fantastic blogs.

Worst: time time time - lack of it. Blogging is fab but it takes time and I could read other peoples blogs for hours and hours but I just don't have the time - arrgggggh!

7. What was the last website you looked at?

Quidco (a cashback site) which closely followed a visit to WhSmith - to see if I could get cashback if I bought my niece's birthday present online and then had it delivered to the store - so saving more money than just driving to the shop where I would not get cashback. Turns out I can so online ordering it is!

8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

Can I have a list? No - oh well - it would be to be more patient with the kids and shout at them less.

9. Slankets - yes or no?

What the f*** is a slanket?

10. Tell us something about the person who tagged you.

I haven't actually met Ginny from Close to the Green -  but then I haven't met any of you yet (sob, sob  - mental note must sign up to Britmums Live). I discovered her blog through the NaBloPoMo community (as I have discovered lots of lovely new blogs) - it was her post on a lump of coal for Christmas which first attracted me (my 3yo has been v naughty lately!). She is an Australian living in London with three little boys within three years of each other (phew!) and a Spanish husband. Her blog is great so go check her out.

Right now I have to tag somebody so I am tagging Laura from Adventures of an Ordinary Parent because she is my latest follower and I love her for that.

PS If there are any of you lovely blogger people around Hampshire, West Sussex, Surrey borders I really would love to meet some of you :)



5 comments:

  1. Ha ha - this is a great meme - I've been watching it do the rounds.

    So glad someone else said 'What the f*** is a slanket?' - I had to google it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *coughs* nothing wrong with middle class and middle aged.
    Sign up for Britmum live - meeting other blogger en masse is completely overwhelming but the best fun.
    If I was Hugh Fernley Whitenstall for the day - I'd probably refuse to change back, I so want his cottage and life..... but not his looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think I would have written most the same as you and I haven't googled slanket yet! Can certainly relate to the amount of time blogging takes up. I hadn't realised before I started the NaBloPo. It's really tough finding the time every day and even tougher finding the time to look at all the other lovely blogs. I'm enjoying it but will be glad when December comes too!
    Keep it up, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want River Cottage too - and all that fishing and rummaging around for mushrooms and stuff. He actually seems like a nice bloke too. My bro in law worked with him on the Fish Fight thing.... BiL is an activist at Greenpeace - gets dressed up as a tuna and goes and stands outside John West factory and stuff, then gets arrested as my sister goes into labour ;-) I digress..... I'm sometimes down your way - said sister and BiL are in Brighton and my mum and dad are between Fleet and Basingstoke.... will let you know next time I'm down your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have now googled slanket and the answer is no no no! I'm sure it's cosy but aggh - I may be middle aged but I'm not that old!!
    I know I must sign up for Britmums but I have the small problem that OH doesn't know I blog - yet! As for HFW I'm not sure I want his looks either but if he could just let me move into River Cottage I'd be happy:)
    Fiona - you BiL sounds fascinating (though I imagine your sister wasn't best pleased! Would be lovely to meet you oner day if the opportunity arises.
    Nikki - here's to December - looking forward to raising a glass on Dec 1st to say we did it!!

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...