I am however going to do them both in one post so y'all don't get too bored by my award winning. I am also going to cheat slightly in that I believe you are supposed to tag an immense 15 other bloggers for the Versatile Blogger and 5 for the Liebster so I will nominate 5 altogether for both. I really can't manage to tag 20 - tooo many!
First the Versatile Blogger Award. First I should say that the badge seems to have changed and it is even prettier than it was as you can see. Now down to the inevitable rules which I remember from last time are:
- Thank the blogger who has awarded you and link back to them - done
- Share seven things about yourself - will be answering questions
- Pass the award along to 15 other newly discovered blogs - sorry only doing 5!
1. Who or what inspires you the most?
Lots of other lovely bloggy people who have so much to say that I could read them all day.
2. What is the best part of your day?
On a lovely sunny day when I have the house to myself and I can open the door and hear the birds sing.
3. What is your favourite childhood memory?
Ooh tricky one - lots. They all mainly involve being at home - a house which my parents still live in today and which I still love. It is half a Georgian town house with huge rooms with high ceilings except for up in the attic where my room was. I loved having the window open in the summer and lying in bed I could still here people in the garden and the birds singing. I also loved sitting by myself in the living room at Christmas with just the tree lights on and the fire crackling with the lingering scent of my Grandfather's Christmas cigar mixed with the smell of the pine needles.
4. What is the best gift you have ever received?
Bit trite this one but I probably have to say my children as no other gift has been that memorable.(Do rather like my Trollbeads bracelet that I got for my last birthday though and my engagement ring from Sri Lanka!!)
5. If you could have dinner with any famous person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I think it would have to be Stephen Fry - he is such a mine of information. He is intelligent and erudite without being condescending or difficult to understand. (I think I may have mentioned him before!)
6. What is something new that you have learned in the last month?
How to add HTML code to my blog - and many other blog things - it is a constant learning curve. Very good for keeping my poor old Mummy brain active!
7. What is something that you wish you could do one day but haven't tried yet?
Parachuting or sky diving but not sure I'm brave enough.
That's it with the questions - I will nominate away after:
the Liebster Blog Award
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog- done
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you - done
3. Copy & paste the award onto your blog - done
4. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award - see below
5. Inform them of their nomination - just about to do this bit...
Liebster by the way means favourite or beloved person and is given to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. As I said at the beginning I was nominated by the lovely Jerry and Kay who have a great blog with craft, photos and posts about their Californian garden. Thank you Jerry and Kay for both my lovely awards - what a lucky girl!
So here goes - these are the five blogs that I am awarding both the Liebster Award and the Versatile Blogger Award (please don't feel you have to pass both on like I am but I have done it before!)
Older Mum (In A Muddle) - because I am nearly an older mum - well I am now but was just under when I had daughter no 2.
Bluebirdsunshine - as a fellow snap slapper - I know she's had the Liebster but I don't think she's had the Versatile Blogger!
Chez Mummy - I'm getting her back for that mammoth meme!
HPMcQ - because she is a brave 366 project person
City Girl at Heart - because you've gotta like someone who admits that being a parent is bloody hard work!
So there you go girls over to you!