Rollercoaster Mum: Little Squirrels - 52 Photo Project - Week 18

ShareThis

Friday 4 May 2012

Little Squirrels - 52 Photo Project - Week 18

This week has been much like last week - work, school, nursery and rain. There was a brief respite with a gorgeous sunny day on Monday (I even managed to dry some washing outside!) I did take a few photos, inspired by the sunshine, but I have used one of them already in my other photography project - SnapHappyBritMums - a photo every day for a month using prompts - you can read more about it here. 

There was one other difference. My work has kindly let me be flexible enough that I can still take Little Miss Sunshine to her Little Squirrels pre-school group every other week at Queen Elizabeth Country Park. I'm really pleased about this and it was great to go back this week. It will only be until the end of term as she goes to school in September and it's really the only thing we do together so I was keen not to lose out on it.

The theme this week was 'lambs' so after making a great fluffy sheep on a wooden spoon we headed out over the Downs to look for the lambs. Little Miss Sunshine was particularly excited to find a lambs tail (not as gory as it sounds and quite normal - but I won't go into details here for the uninitiated!) She was also slightly disappointed that the sheep wouldn't stand still to be stroked but we had a lovely time nevertheless and it was great to be out in the fresh air and we even escaped the rain. I'm going to break the rules a little and post a collage of photos so I can join up with Coombe Mill's Country Kids too.


As you can see we saw cowslips, lots of sheep on the Downs, little lambs, Little Miss Sunshine tried to get close to the sheep and there was of course some muddy puddles but her happy face says it all!

If you would like to see more of my little Photo Project take a peep here.
And if you'd like to see more photos from fellow 52ers or the brave 366ers click the badge below:
 
 
I'm also linking this up with Country Kids over at Coombe Mill - for more countryside fun clickety click on the badge!

 
 

6 comments:

  1. Great photos. I love the rolling green country hills. You are so lucky to live in such a picturesque place. Reminds me of my own childhood.

    I like your photo collage. Did you do that on photoshop or is there a freebie online package that you use? (Hope you don't mind me being nosy.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it on photoscape which is free http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php and fivegoblogging did a great tutorial on it a couple of weeks ago.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful Spring collage, and Jesus Christ I've just noticed how deep into that puddle she is! Looks like she had a grea time though?

    Thanks for linking (kinda)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jesus, look at the depth of that puddle! Bet she had fun though?

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Little Miss Sunshine stood in that enormous puddle towards the end of your journey as it looks sure to have spilled over top. It looks so peaceful and idyllic up there on the downs. Special times to share together. Thank you for linking up at Country Kids

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the photo made the puddle look bigger than it really was!

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...