Rollercoaster Mum: Weekday Quickie - I read a book!

ShareThis

Thursday 17 May 2012

Weekday Quickie - I read a book!

OK this may not exactly be breaking news but considering I was such a bookworm when I was a kid I hardly ever read a book these days (too busy reading those new fangled blog things!) I do still love reading but I just never seem to find the time unless I'm on holiday.

I read to the kids - Little Miss Sunshine has at least 2 or 3 stories every night and Little Miss Star still often has a chapter of a book. Recently I have read her Famous Five and a couple of the Narnia books amongst others. We do seem to have got a bit stuck on Peter Pan (I think she finds it a bit scary) but I digress - I haven't read a book for me since last year.

My reading revival was in fact started by reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (after Little Miss Star had read it) as I couldn't remember ever reading it and I loved it! So, last weekend, on our visit to the in-laws I took a book and... I read the whole thing in a weekend and loved it. (It was One Moment, One Morning by Sarah Rayner if you're interested). A couple of days later we were in the library on one of our regular visits - refreshing the girls reading matter - when I spotted the sales pile, of books they no longer want for a bargain 50p each, and I found myself £2 poorer and 4 books richer. (Not that we don't have barrowloads of books at home but they are mostly ones that have been read). It just remains to be seen if I can keep it up - not been good so far but I am determined to do better.


2 comments:

  1. I love reading, but find it harder now have three kids- gone from reading 2 or 3 a week to a total of 4 since baby was born 9 months ago! Read a lot of blogs instead- short and sweet!
    You have a great selection there- I enjoyed all of them! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here I hardly read book nowadays .. I really must i read them all the time to the children at school.

    I must read for me Brilliant as 'Cat in the Hat " is

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...