Rollercoaster Mum: Hotel Chocolat - the way to a bloggers heart!

ShareThis

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Hotel Chocolat - the way to a bloggers heart!

Life is more than a little hectic at the moment so I was super excited to come home to a mysterious parcel left on my doorstep (well actually they left it next door but that doesn't sound so much fun.) What was it? I had started ordering Christmas presents but it didn't look like any of those - maybe it was really just for me? Cue quick tearing open of cardboard and small squeals of excitement at the contents - this was definitely a grown up treat.

A gorgeous box of Christmas choccies from Hotel Chocolat (rather more upmarket than some well known chocolate companies!) They describe themselves as British Chocolatiers and they even grow their own chocolate - although they have to do that in St. Lucia - we don't have quite the right climate!

dark chocolates
Can you spot Rudolph?!

The box itself was beautiful with little reindeer running around the edge and even a Rudolph. Inside was even more tempting - beautifully presented complete with a chocolate Christmas tree and presents. The box I had been sent was the Dark Christmas Collection which ranged from the scrummy Christmas Mess (fruity, meringue topped chocolate) to the sublime Whisky Toddy (like the best liquer chocolate you've ever had)and the innovative and truly Christmassy present shaped Christmas Cake chocolates. They were all without exception absolutely delicious (as my dear Grandmother would have said.) I did deign to share them with Rollercoaster Dad and the only small critiscism we had was that the round ones were so round they were very difficult to get out of the tray - but worth the perserverence!

box of chocolates


The chocolates aren't cheap but totally worth it for a special present or treat and they do do much cheaper boxes and gifts than this (they even do some for children but shhhh - don't tell the kids that!)

You can buy them online, and I have now discovered, in stores on the High Street (unfortunately for my wallet there are at least 3 not that far away- uh oh!)

So thank you Hotel Chocolat for cheering up my week after all as Charles M. Schulz once said ' All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!'

Disclosure: I was sent a box of chocolates for the purposes of review but all words and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...