Rollercoaster Mum: The Postman has been bringing me pictures!

ShareThis

Saturday 24 November 2012

The Postman has been bringing me pictures!


I have been a lucky girl this week - not only have I received chocolate but also a beautiful canvas picture of the girls. I was thrilled a couple of weeks ago to be offered a canvas of one of my pictures to review. I had seen photo on canvas on friends walls but they had all been from professional photo shoots and I had never had the confidence that one of my snaps might look good like this.

Now I had the opportunity to try. The most difficult part was choosing the photo - you may have realised by now that I do take rather a lot of photos! The question was did I choose a macro flower type shot, a view or a picture of the girls? I plumped for one of the girls as I reckoned if we didn't like it there would be a grandparent who did!  I didn't want a picture of them posing for a photo, I wanted a more natural picture so I thought of one that I had featured in a blog post a few months ago which had been taken in Cornwall. We had had a lovely time there, it is a picture of happy memories - and for once they are not arguing - even holding hands!

The original photo

Choosing - that was the difficult bit - now for the easy bit. The process is really simple. Just go on to the HelloCanvas website, upload your chosen photo, select the size you want, indicate where you want it cropped if necessary or you can leave it to Hello Canvas. You then have a few more options to choose from like size of the print that you want, whether you want it in black and white or whether you want a frame rather than just the 'floating frame'. You are given the chance to review it before you order it and then you press the order button and that's it - simples!

Our canvas was delivered within two days and it was safely and securely packed in bubble wrap and a perfect fit cardboard box. It is ready to hang as it is and one concern of mine that it might fade in the sun was put to rest when I checked the website as they are printed in UV resistant ink which does not fade. Here are the results - you can see they have cropped out the hosepipe and made the girls more central.
photo on canvas
The final result
The canvas itself seems well made and relatively sturdy with the colours showing as true to the original. It is clear and not at all pixelated despite the cropping. We were sent a 20 x 28 inch which normally retails for £37 including shipping costs and I think is a bargain for the size of picture that you get. You can also get smaller ones starting at 8 x 8 inch for £13 - I have a plan forming - I might try to order 3 of my flowers and have a collection on the wall! These also make affordable gifts for friends and family - a great idea with Christmas coming up. All in all a great product with quick and efficient service. Thank you Hello Canvas for my early Christmas pressie!

If you would like to order one of these fab canvases I have a discount code for 5% off  - just quote LBMAR2012 - this can be used in conjunction with other promotions and currently has no expiration date.

Up on the wall - although this may not be it's final resting place!
 Disclosure: I was sent a photo canvas for the purposes of review but all words and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...