Rollercoaster Mum: I got post - from #TeamHonk in Ghana no less!

ShareThis

Thursday 7 February 2013

I got post - from #TeamHonk in Ghana no less!

Squeeee I got a postcard this morning (I do like a good postcard) - all the way from Ghana where 3 lovely fellow bloggers (aka #TeamHonk) are following some celebs to see the difference that funding from Comic Relief can make and raise even more awareness for Comic Relief. This is all part of Comic Relief's 25th birthday celebrations (cripes has it really been going that long *feels old*.) I was especially pleased to get a postcard from the Virtuous Women's Bakery which is a fantastic project and has an even more wonderful name! Here it is - baking looks like fun!



Dear Rollercoaster Mum 

Having an inspirational time in Ghana, here I am at the Virtuous Women's Bakery and creche having a giggle about my headscarf with my co baker. The women make bread and sell it in the community while their children can play in the nursery. Their new oven was funded by Comic Relief meaning they can scale up production and make more money selling more bread in the community. Financial independence is key to raising women's status and reducing poverty in society. 

Love Penny

This is a digital postcard sent from TeamHonk (www.mammasaurus.co.uk; www.aresidence.co.uk; www.mummybarrow.com) during their travels with Comic Relief in Ghana celebrating #goodwork.

For the past 25 years the money raised through Red Nose Day has been changing the lives of the poorest and most disadvantaged people in the UK and Africa. Let's Keep Up the Good Work. Find out how at rednoseday.com

For other digital postcards please do join up and check out the linky on www.teamhonk.org.

GoodWork

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting about #GoodWork

    #TeamHonk have been blown away by all the support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel old too, I was starting secondary shcool when Comic Relief started, so exciting to revisit it - thanks for posting, glad you like it! Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soooo much !!! Much appreciated indeed x

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...