Rollercoaster Mum: Macro Monday - the RHS Wisley Edition

ShareThis

Monday 18 March 2013

Macro Monday - the RHS Wisley Edition

Having been uninspired for pictures this week I thought I would show off a few pictures from our recent visit to RHS (Royal Horticultural Society) Gardens Wisley. Most of these are taken in the glasshouse and I'm afraid I have no idea what most of them are but they are pretty! Next time I should try and take notes but with two small children, a husband and my mother just keeping up and keeping them together was tricky let alone taking notes as well as photographs!
 
Possibly a bottle-brush?

the Glasshouse RHS Wisley
Clock Vine flowers - also known as dolls shoe flowers - and they do look just like little shoes!

Maybe some sort of Hibiscus?

No idea what they are but these leaf shoots were so pretty

RHS Wisley
Blue Iris - stunning colour.


MM3

7 comments:

  1. I like the aptly named doll's shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ! To see some flowers now is so nice !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors-and it does not matter that you don't know rhe names.Just lovely ro look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers! I never remember the names of the flowers either. Sometimes I take a pic of the name though, it's easier than writing something down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there - that may be a bottle brush - hard to believe we have them in the wild here!

    Red brick is pretty common here - my house is built of them - but I liked the way that some had not stood the test of time too well.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  6. am not sure it is bottle brush. But there might be severel kinds of them. But it is a beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...