Rollercoaster Mum: How does your garden grow? - garden update

ShareThis

Saturday 29 June 2013

How does your garden grow? - garden update

I'm quite addicted to this wonderful linky from Mammasaurus even when nothing much has happened in my garden as I do rather like taking pictures of flowers and such and having a nosy at all those other lovely gardens.

The garden still looks lush but the flowers and colour are being rather slow in showing their faces - partly due to that cold. cold spring and partly that a lot of the flowering perennials I only planted a few weeks ago. I felt I needed to redress the balance a little so I have been out purchasing some bedding plants for a the front garden and a couple of hanging baskets. I was also irresistably drawn to an Astrantia Major that I had seen on Gardener's World and a couple of Verbena Buenos Aires (I think like Bonariensis) which I just had to buy. Next week I might show you where I put them all! In the meantime here are some pictures of the few flowers that we do have and my haul from the plant nursery - oh and our first harvest (bar the Rhubarb)

There are pink daisys.Alca Milla Mollis, a beautiful Granny's bonnet, some emerging lily flowers and a Clematis on the brink.


garlic bulbs
Our (almost) first harvest this year.

What we bought - the petunias look more purple in real life and Little Miss Sunshine chose the pink geranium that doesn't really go with the others!

Linking up with Mammasaurus - do pop over and check the other gardens out - it's soo worth it...

Mammasaurus - How Does Your Garden Grow?

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers! I love that linky! I just need to be at home a little more at the moment to join in! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo lovely!The first harvest! Already - you are doing well. I fear I'll be staring at my tomato plant for years at this rate!

    Happy colours, I too cannot resist taking photos of them - brings me inner happiness. Dear lord I may be turning into some sort of earthmother...

    Mmmm rhubarb :)

    Thanks for joining in again my dear - have a super weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Astrantia Major is such a beauty isn't it! I really love those and also Scabious are a firm favourite. I kind of think they are quite similar. Looks like you got a good haul from the garden centre. I am really dangerous in those places and have to control myself so much. Garlic is looking good. I haven't planted any this year. Boo.

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...