Rollercoaster Mum: Macro Monday

ShareThis

Monday 24 June 2013

Macro Monday

I thought I would stick with the animal theme this week but this time is is minibeasts as my kids like to call them. First up is this friendly little chap we found on the way home from school one day. I think he is a Garden Chafer.

minibeasts


Secondly is this harlequin ladybird - bad ladybird really but I let him be as I really need him to eat all those greenfly.

minibeasts


Macro Monday intro badge photo MM2badgeintrofinal_zps09e45e9a.jpg

10 comments:

  1. These are fantastic macros!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am envious of your ability to capture insects so perfectly - fantastic shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great macro photos!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome close-ups! So many details in the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures - whats bad about the ladybird?

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I love the hairy legs of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaah, beautiful!!! I agree, looks like a Garden Chafer! And as a FYI, here in the UK, while harlequins are indeed 'bad' ladybirds, the ladybird people say they are still beneficial insects and should not be harmed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little shiny ladybug! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Especially love the first one and his little hairy legs! :D

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...