Rollercoaster Mum: World Elephant Day

ShareThis

Tuesday 12 August 2014

World Elephant Day

Apparently it is World Elephant Day today and whilst I am not entirely sure what is behind the campaign I applaud any organisation that is against the appalling ivory trade and in favour of helping elephants.

We are rather fond of elephants in the Rollercoaster household - partly because Mr Rollercoaster and I ended up with an elephant at our wedding in Sri Lanka many years ago. We took the girls back there in 2011 and visited the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, a highlight of our trip. So in honour of these magnificent and amazing creatures I thought I would share a couple of photos with you from a couple of years ago.

Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Sri Lanka
Bigger Miss was very happy to see the elephants

baby elephants bathing, Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Sri Lanka
The elephants love their daily bathe in the river.

Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Sri Lanka
Two very hot little girls entranced by some of the most amazing creatures on the planet.


So please remember that no one in the world needs an elephant tusk but an elephant and it is not just the ivory trade that is affecting them but the loss of their habitat in many areas of the world.

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful post! That must have been a fantastic experience for your girls. Elephants are such amazing creatures and it is good to hear that there are people out there who help their plight.

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...