Rollercoaster Mum: Nov 26th - #NaBloPoMo - Post 26 - I'm NOT a celebrity get me out of here!

ShareThis

Saturday 26 November 2011

Nov 26th - #NaBloPoMo - Post 26 - I'm NOT a celebrity get me out of here!

I've been tagged by the amazing Deb of Aspie in the Family on a slightly different 10 questions on the theme of 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here'. When she first told me that I had been tagged I was a little concerned that I might have to know what was going on in the programme as I've managed to avoid watching it this year (too busy blogging - haha!!) but rest assured you don't need to know about this years contestants. I have to admit to being a bit of a fan in past years - it's one of those trashy shows that gets you hooked and Ant and Dec (the presenters for those not in the know) really do make the programme.


The meme originated from Kate on Thin Ice and the rules are quite simple
1) Answer the 10 questions and consider the mission.

2) Tag a blogger or two or more to do the same
3) Come back to my original blog post and tell me you have done the questions and answers.

 1. What one thing about being a parent makes you scream “Get me out of here!” 

Puke - can't stand vomit - makes me want to too - 'nuff said. Also the kids squabbling drives me nuts.

2. What skills, if any, do you have that would be useful in the jungle?

Well I can cook reasonably well and I'm fairly stoical about wild creatures so I might be reasonably helpful around the camp.

3. How are you likely to annoy people in your were stuck with them for 3 weeks?

Talking too much about myself (isn't that why we blog?) I know - shut up already.

4. What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?

Some badly cooked artichoke leaves - they were part of what can only be called a very meagre meal for a dinner party which involved mainly garlic bulbs and artichoke leaves - there was nothing to eat!

5. What luxury item would you take into the jungle with you?

Are they allowed soap or shampoo gel - can't remember - if not then one of those (I hate not washing my hair everyday). If you are allowed them anyway then tweezers! 

6. What is the most daring thing you have ever done?

Doing a round the world trip on my own having only flown long-haul in my life once before and during that trip going to stay on an island off the coast of Sulawesi in Indonesia (Mendawi I think it was called) where you stayed with the natives for the week in their huts.

7. Who would you miss most if you went into the jungle with a bunch of strangers? 

My girls of course - I once had to go away for 4 nights with work and missed them terribly - and the OH I suppose!

8. What celebrity alive or dead would you like to have with you in the jungle?

Well most of you will know the answer to this - who would be better than Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall! He can rustle up a decent meal out of most things, he can forage and he's good with animals and would no doubt be pretty good on the conversation front too.

9. What would scare you about being in the jungle?

Having said that I'm OK with wild creatures - I wouldn't be too good with snakes. We were walking in the rain forest in Malaysia on one trip - proper virgin rain forest, staying in the only place nearby which to get to you had to travel for about 2 hours on a boat down river - just OH and me and this snake leapt out at me - dunno what it was but it made me shake and I don't fancy that experience again! *shudders*

10. After leaving the jungle, you go to a luxury hotel. What would be the first thing you did on reaching your hotel?

Have a hot shower and a decent cup of coffee - without a doubt. On my round the world trip after 6 weeks in Asia staying in places with only cold water and no showers the first thing I did on hitting the backpackers in Cairns was to have a long, hot shower!

1th mission should you choose to accept it is to tell us why the person who tagged you is a star.

Deb at Aspie in the Family is a remarkable mum of three with two of her children being autistic she does an amazing job at raising awareness of the condition and how to get what you need if you have a special needs child. She also has a great blog :)

I'm now going to tag the lovely Jenny of Cheetahs in my Shoes - off you go girl you are now in the jungle - Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...