Rollercoaster Mum: Child Free! - 52 Photo Project - Week 31

ShareThis

Saturday 4 August 2012

Child Free! - 52 Photo Project - Week 31

It's been a very odd week to say the least. Why? Because there have been no children. We sent them off tearfully shipped them off joyfully as fast as we could, to the in laws for the week to save on childcare costs etc. Now you would have thought I would get loads done, but no. I envisaged many relaxing coffees with a newspaper in a sunlit garden (so you see the photo this week is wishful thinking - what could've happened rather than what did.)

In reality - well I had to work 4 out of the 5 days they were away and my mother came over on the 5th day to sort some stuff out that is happening later in the month - so I had very little free time. I did a bit of tidying (but not all that I wanted to), I completed the ironing (gold medal for that one), OH and I actually went out for a curry and to the pub just because we could, the house was weirdly quiet, shopping was done and I kept our Olympic scrapbook up to date. I didn't even do all the bloggy stuff I wanted to do (sob) but I look forward to September when for the first time ever (well in a very long time) I will have time at home alone when they are both at school and I am not at work. I have big plans!


Meanwhile this is what I wish had happened more - it was a nice thought though!


If you would like to see more of my little Photo Project take a peep here.
And if you'd like to see more photos from fellow 52ers or the brave 366ers click the badge below:

21 comments:

  1. Love your photo - and the honesty too! So often we dream of what we'd do with one or two childfree days - and the reality always turns out to be so different. Perhaps in September??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let's hope so - hear's to an Indian summer!

      Delete
  2. Oh I really empathise with the post. I have big plans too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I can't wait! (maybe I shouldn't say that!)

      Delete
  3. Like that image - I got some childfree time this week too. I spent some of it like you, but also got to go away on my own which was blissful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo! Wow child free time sounds lovely! Ooh what are your big plans, sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mainly they involve tidying and sorting the house - this could take months - but after that who knows!

      Delete
  5. A moment of calm in a sea of chaos? Looks very relaxing.

    Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a shame you didn't get to spend more time with your paper and coffee, that looks like an idyllic spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice in the (rare) sunny mornings!

      Delete
  7. Very relaxing and perfect for a quiet Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately they were back by Sunday - booo!

      Delete
  8. its amazing how quick the times passes when you hope it want. nice to get out with OH for some us time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is definitely the most precious thing!

      Delete
  9. wow, bring on September *green eyes of jealousy*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well for at least that one moment there was coffee, there was sun and there was peace in the garden - and the ironing's done and that has to be a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  11. What I would give for a childfree day let alone a whole week! Must try harder Mrs!

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...