Rollercoaster Mum: The Year 2014 in Photos - Week 34

ShareThis

Friday 22 August 2014

The Year 2014 in Photos - Week 34

As soon as the girls were back last week we were in the usual whirlwind of activity, friends beer festivals, work, a fabulous day out to Mottisfont with the National Trust (they have a great Quentin Blakes kids trail on at the moment which I highly recommend), shopping and very very sadly losing favourite teddies. Anyways it's still summer hols so I don't have time to chat so on with the pictures...


Tortoiseshell Butterfly on Verbena Bonariensis
A lovely Tortoiseshell Butterfly was fluttering around the garden between showers

welly flowers
A friends adorable little girl admiring the wellies at the Beer Festival

change4life 10 minute shake up
When they have had a spare moment the girls have been inspired by the change4life 10 minute shake up campaign and this was Olaf's summer dance apparently! 
Quentin Blake, NT Mottisfont
We visited National Trust's Mottisfont to see the Quentin Blake exhibition and the girls did the Adventure Quest wher you get to write your own book and I have to say it was brilliant with fabulous play places and lots of imagination. I think it runs until 14th September - well worth a visit.


National Trust Mottisfont, a place for contemplation
I loved this bench at Mottisfont in one of the play areas, a quiet spot for contemplation

National Trust Mottisfont, having a rest
The girls having a rest on the Adventure Quest at Mottisfont and checking their books.

gate into walled garden, National Trust Mottisfont
The enticing gate into the enormous walled garden at Mottisfont - need to go back as I didn't have time to explore properly.


#lostteddy, #southampton
I know I have done a separate blog post on this but I had to put this in again as it has made us all very sad this week as we have lost Spencer - I know he is only a soft toy but he was very special so just in case you see him please let us know - he was lost in Southampton on Wednesday 20th August - his story is here.
Linking up as always with fab the Boy and Me - do go and see what everyone else has been up to:

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky


3 comments:

  1. Really beautiful photos of your girls.
    I can imagine how you feel about the lost toy. My daughter's teddy is so precious to her that the thought of losing him makes me feel sick, luckily we never have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired me to go to Mottisfont to see the exhibition. Am just facebooking a couple of friends to sort out a date. We are starting an illustration course in September so it is very apt. Thanks for drawing it to me attention. Ha. no pun intended!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you find teddy! I love that umbrella photo actually the pictures of your girls are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...