Rollercoaster Mum: Christmas Carols - Project 52 - Week 49

ShareThis

Saturday 8 December 2012

Christmas Carols - Project 52 - Week 49

I can't believe how fast this month is going and I don't even feel Christmassy yet. Lights are popping up all over the place like gaudy mushrooms but we are not putting any up just yet as it is a certain young lady's birthday very soon.

That's not the only reason I don't feel Christmassy though - I am just so busy at the moment with work that I don't know whether I'm coming or going, upside down or back to front (probably all of them) I am merely panicking about Christmas rather than even thinking about enjoying it. However, there is always a but and in this case it was the school Christmas Carol Singing earlier in the week. The school is not a church school so carols don't feature majorly normally but this year the PTA decided to do a carol singing evening. Posters were put up, leaflets distributed, mince pies made, the village invited and most importantly the Salvation Army enlisted. I'm not sure how many of the village actually came but it was a lovely hour or so singing and listening to carols - led by the wonderful Salvation Army who we could not have done without. A touch of Christmas in my rather unChristmassy world.

the Salvation Army
The photo itself is not wonderful as it was dark in the hall and tricky to take pics, the flash was too bright, others too slow - this used the High Sensitivity mode and seemed the best result (along with a bit of bling from picmonkey!)
PS - I have also had my hair cut and my eyebrows done for the first time since August so I have now been tamed from my Wild Woman of Borneo look - phew (that was quite a significant event in my week too but you're not seeing a picture!)

If you would like to see more of my little Photo Project take a peep here.
And if you'd like to see more photos from fellow 52ers or the brave 366ers click the badge below:

5 comments:

  1. I love the effect you have put on your photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I feel like everyone is ready for Christmas except for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about not feeling Christmassy. The kids had flu last week - and me and hubby got it this week. So illness stopped us getting our festive groove on. But there's nothing like a carol concert to make you feel the holiday spirit. Lovely shot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once I hear Christmas carols being sung, that's when I start to feel Christmassy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that was a lovely concert to be sat in the audience of? I'm the same when it comes to carols then I know that Christmas has begun.

    Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...