Rollercoaster Mum: Weekend Away - 52 Photo Project - Week 4

ShareThis

Friday 27 January 2012

Weekend Away - 52 Photo Project - Week 4

I haven't taken so many photos this week - for one the weather has been shite and I have been trying (and mostly failing) to get my act together and get organised (New Years Resolution fail). No more excuses - Christmas is over, birthday is over - need to get off my arse and get on with it. Unfortunately this seems to have come coupled with a malaise of just not managing to get anything done - must do better next week. Did manage to contact Tax credits people and job centre today so have started - trouble is all that stuff is so depressing I just find myself putting it off again and again.

Anyway on a lighter note OH and I did manage a weekend away in celebration of our birthdays (his is next month). We ditched the girls with Grandma and disappeared to a rather lovely weekend in Greenwich - stayed at a great hotel - the Devonport House - you do get flasher ones but it was amazing value for money and a perfect location. We mooched around the market, had a bracing walk in Greenwich Park, saw a Guardian Ad being filmed (it involved people with pigs heads on - no really!), had meals out, read the paper and drank too much wine and whisky. I guess it's no wonder I feel a bit down this week - nothing to look forward to and shitloads to do. I would thoroughly recommend Greenwich and the Devonport House for a weekend away (with or without kids). Anyway the photo had to be from the weekend - so here it is - had to be Picniked too of course (can't believe this is closing and I've only just discovered it - grrr!)


If you would like to see more of my little Photo Project take a peep here.  

And if you'd like to see more photos from fellow 52ers or the brave 366ers click the badge below:

9 comments:

  1. Lovely. Thought it was Greenwich when I saw it - great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fab place for a day out or a weekend away - would be great with kids too.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a nice time away. Hope you didn't ring those expensive 08 nos to sort things with tax credits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Not sure about the nos - think it's now an 03 number?

      Delete
  3. Yay up the road from me, I love Greenwich and the fab Greenwich park.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pic and it does sound like you had a great time. Chin up - there's always something to look forward to, even if it's just day to smiles with the smalls.

    (Visiting today via The Boy and Me's 366 linky)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the symmetry in this photo, what will we do without 1960s finish?

    Thanks for linking up to #Project366

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this picture! I can relate to you on the not getting anything done front. I don't even open any post that comes in a brown envelope and have an irrational fear of form-filling. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...