Rollercoaster Mum: Time for some Family Art - Project 52 - Week 47

ShareThis

Saturday 24 November 2012

Time for some Family Art - Project 52 - Week 47

I nearly blogged about the rain (again) - when will it ever stop? It seems to have been raining without much letup all year. However it's hardly news and I am so bored by it. Taking photos in the rain and wind is tricky and I have not been inspired (or had much time!)

Bizarrely I decided to go to school to spend some quality time with my children. It is hard to do this at home at the moment as every moment is spent catching up on chores (and the odd blog post!). The school advertised a Family Art Workshop and although Little Miss Sunshine was officially too young for it in Reception they let her in as long as I was there. I didn't really know what to expect but it was actually really good fun. Yes I did have to help youngest quite a lot but there was still plenty that she could do.Most importantly for the girls I was not trying to do anything else at the same time and I was actually joining in. It helped that I didn't need to stress about the mess either - glitter all over the floor - who cares - it was the school floor not mine and I am sure their floor is used to it!

Although this was only an hour or so out of our week it was a very important hour. Here is what the group made - a little street of colourful, sparkly houses as individual as their creators - I thought they were rather fabulous and it really was fun!!

Family Art Workshop

If you would like to see more of my little Photo Project take a peep here.
And if you'd like to see more photos from fellow 52ers or the brave 366ers click the badge below:

11 comments:

  1. That's so lovely. Just the sort of thing I would have loved to make when I was a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful, I wish I had the patience for things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look fun. H would really love to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those houses are fabulous! You're right about the rain, when will it end...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely, and what a great way to spend time with the children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely collection of houses, they could be used for all manor of play opportunities.

    Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a lovely idea! Great photo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so good! What a great idea! Really colourful and very neatly made too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a brilliant project, and yes glitter is unwanted in my house as well

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea and a fabulous creation

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for the word verification but I am getting so many spam comments I have had to activate it for a while. Thank you for bearing with me and commenting - comments really do make my day :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...